After more than a year of bargaining, UFF-UF and the University of Florida have concluded negotiations on the portions of the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) pertaining to outside activities and conflict of interest. These portions of the CBA include Article 26, which governs outside activities as well as conflicts of interest and commitment, and Appendix G, which stipulates how faculty should disclose outside activities and potential conflicts.
As a result of these negotiations, the revised Article 26:
- Includes clearer definition of key terms related to outside activities, conflicts of interest, and conflicts of commitment
- Limits how long UF can take to evaluate potential conflicts
- Requires UF, when it denies an outside activity, to specify in writing how and why the activity corresponds to the CBA’s definitions of conflict of interest and conflict of commitment
- Requires faculty on 9- and 10-month contracts to report select outside activities when not on appointment
The revised Appendix G:
- Incorporates the structure and content of UFOLIO into the CBA
- Requires UF faculty to use the UFOLIO system to report outside activities and possible conflicts of interest
Please read this report for a fuller description of both the history and outcomes of these negotiations. If you have any questions about the revised Article 26 or Appendix G, please email the UFF-UF Bargaining Team at email@example.com. And please keep an eye out for information on the CBA ratification vote, when you will have a chance to approve or disapprove these articles and the rest of the new CBA.