The UFF-UF Bargaining Team is happy to announce that we recently finished negotiating the new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for 2021-2024. Please read on for details about the contents of the new CBA as well as information on when and how you can vote to ratify this agreement.
We started bargaining this CBA in March 2019. Twenty-six months of negotiations resulted in changes to more than twenty articles and appendices, including dramatic changes to Article 21 (Other Leaves), Article 26 (Outside Activities and Conflict of Interest), and Appendix G (UFOLIO Electronic System for Disclosure and Review of Outside Activities and Interests).
Overall, the new CBA represents a net improvement in working conditions for in-unit UF faculty. The 2021-2024 CBA:
- Provides eight weeks each of both paid parental and medical leave
- Allows non-tenure-track (NTT) faculty whose contracts aren’t renewed to appeal the decision to their dean.
- Requires departments to create NTT-specific promotion guidelines and create an optional progress-to-promotion process for NTT faculty
- Provides retirement compensation for 9- and 10-month faculty employed by UF over the summer
- Puts limits on working hours and responsibilities for K-12 faculty at P.K. Yonge
Unfortunately, the new CBA also includes setbacks that our team was unable to stop. The most significant of these is the requirement that faculty on 9- and 10-month contracts report select outside activities, even when not on appointment.
To learn more about the new CBA, please review the table below, which summarizes the changes to each article of the CBA. You can also find the full text of the 2021-2024 CBA here. Please consult both documents and let the UFF-UF Bargaining Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have any questions or concerns.